Kinvolved is a K-12 edtech company that is re-engaging students and families in school. Its KiNVO software is a data-driven reporting and communication platform, embedded at every level throughout a district’s operations, using predictive analytics to provide key insights into student engagement that drive results in attendance, enrollment, funding, technology adoption, resource allocation, and more. By joining our team, you will improve the lives of our stakeholders nationwide.
About the role
As a senior member of our team, you will be critical in leading strategy for developing software that impacts thousands of teachers, students, and parents. We will collaborate on road mapping, designing, and architecture. You will be responsible for managing the development team and delivering against our roadmap. You will also be expected to provide direct input into the team’s code. The current engineering team is a small outsourced group of exceptional engineers. We run agile but we are not fanatical about it. Our application is in Angular, uses Rails as an API, on PostgreSQL, and we'd like you to be familiar with these.
As our team grows, your leadership and experience will be essential in ensuring that we maintain a healthy technology solution as well as a strong engineering team and culture.
We would like you to
- Collaborate with our executive team in executing against the vision and mission of Kinvolved.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of our current offshore development team; eventually building a local team.
- Drive the architecture and development of systems to handle rapid growth and scaling including managing and informing cost and business level tradeoffs.
- Balance the constant tension of feature development vs operations and implementation.
- Directly write and/or provide feedback on code. Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in our stack.
- Proven experience leading engineering and product teams for 5+ years.
- Experience collaborating with offshore engineering teams.
- Proven track record of close collaboration with product and business leads to form strategy, roadmaps, and features, tied to revenue generation and direct ROI.
- Experience informing and managing a technology budget, including providing timely projection and expenditure reports.
- Proven experience building scalable data applications and reliable interactive and messaging applications.
- Experience with security and hosting using Amazon Web Services.
- Thrives working in a detail-oriented environment and managing client-specific requirements
- Engages effectively with both building technology and eventually building and managing an internal engineering and product team.
- Bonus points: Experience working in education technology.
- Competitive salary and equity options; health insurance, paid time off, and other benefits
- Flexible working structure (continued remote work, after the subsidence of COVID-19, is an option).
- Ability to scale up internally and serve in a leadership position.
- Fun, energetic, and supportive team.
To apply: Please apply on LinkedIn using this link.