Kinvolved is the leading services and software organization galvanizing students, parents, teachers, leaders, and community members around a shared goal: To increase student achievement by eradicating chronic absenteeism.
We take a holistic approach to fighting chronic absenteeism, combining technology tools and human interventions to change the deeply ingrained behaviors and external factors affecting student attendance. By joining our team, you will improve the lives of our stakeholders nationwide.
About the role
As a senior member of our team, you will be critical in leading strategy for developing software which impacts thousands of teachers, students, and parents. We will collaborate on roadmapping, designing, and architecture. You will be responsible for managing the development team and delivering against our roadmap. You will also be expected to code with the team. The current engineering team is a small outsourced group of exceptional engineers. We run agile but we are not fanatical about it. Our application is in Angular, uses Rails as an API, on PostgreSQL, and we’d like you to be familiar with these.
You will report into Kinvolved’s Chief Product Officer. As our team grows your leadership and experience will be essential in ensuring that we maintain a healthy technology solution as well as a strong engineering team and culture.
We would like you to
- Collaborate with our executive team in executing against the vision and mission of Kinvolved.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of our current offshore development team; eventually building a local team.
- Drive the architecture and development of systems to handle rapid growth and scaling including managing and informing cost and business level tradeoffs.
- Balance the constant tension of feature development vs operations and implementation.
- Get your hands dirty. Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in our stack.
- Proven experience leading engineering and product teams for 5-8+ years.
- Experience collaborating with offshore engineering teams.
- Proven track record of close collaboration with product and business leads to form strategy, roadmaps, and features.
- Experience informing and managing a technology budget, including providing timely projection and expenditure reports.
- Proven experience building scalable data applications and reliable interactive and messaging applications.
- Experience with security and hosting using Amazon Web Services.
- Thrives working in a detail-oriented environment and managing client-specific requirements
- Engages effectively with both building technology and eventually building and managing an internal engineering and product team.
- Bonus points: Experience working in education technology.
- Competitive salary and equity options; health insurance, paid time off, and other benefits
- Flexible working structure (continued remote work, after the subsidence of COVID-19, is an option).
- Ability to scale up internally and serve in a leadership position.
- Fun, energetic, and supportive team.
To apply: Please apply on LinkedIn using this link.